To see the basic places in Barcelona, those you can’t leave without visiting. I suggest 2 tours of 4 hours each split into two days or in a row (although two days is more comfortable):
- 1st tour – the Gothic Quarter: a walking tour through the old town to taste 2000 years of history: the Ramblas; the Boqueria food Market; the Liceo Opera House; the gothic Pi Church; the old Jewish District, the Sant Felip Neri Square and the imprint that was left upon it by the Spanish Civil War; the interior of the Cathedral; the Royal Palace (inside); the Roman Temple ruins (1st century BC); the City Council and the Government Palace; (if we have time, Santa Maria del Mar Church).
Halfway through the tour I suggest we make a stop to rest. To me, one of the best options is to go to one of the historic hot chocolate stores to taste the “Suizo”: hot chocolate with cream and churros.
- 2n tour – the “new” Barcelona. Built starting in the late 19th century: Passeig de Gràcia, the “5th Avenue” of Barcelona, where the wealthy families settled. Casa Batlló (it’s possible to visit the inside to know about the lifestyle of the catalane bourgeoisie). The interior of the Sagrada Familia, Gaudi’s masterwork (It’s possible to go up to the towers) and the Park Güell (inside).
As transport we will use either taxis or a chauffeured vehicle for 4 hours. The latter allows us to get the most out of our tours and see the Montjuïc Hill for excellent views of the city and where the 1929 Exposition and the Olympic Games took place. If time permits we will see the Arch of Triumph and the seafront as well.
- Tour Price 8h: € 440
- Tour Price 8h + Chauffeured Mercedes 4h (6 p. + guide + driver): € 680
Duration: 2 tours of 4 hours
Recommended Start time:
10a.m. or 3p.m.
- Tour details (click here) »»
- If you choose the two tours in two different days, extend one day one hour to visit the inside of one of the houses of Gaudí (I recommend la Pedrera) – cost of the extra hour: 55€; and/or extend the other day one hour to visit the Picasso museum
- Mosaic workshop: make a mosaic by yourself following the “El Trencadis” technique of Antonio Gaudí (activity on your own with your friends or in family). For more information please ask me. It is necessary to book beforehand.